- The move comes in response to consumers wishing to keep socially distanced from Sales Associates in-store, but still wanting real-time availability checks and the rich source of product, recommendations and inspirational content normally provided by Sales Associates using the Mercaux Assisted Selling App
- The Web App is accessed instantly by shoppers scanning a QR code (or inputting a short URL into their web browsers) on entering the store, so there is no need to wait for a native App to be downloaded
LONDON, 22.07.2020: Mercaux – the company that provides the “backbone” for in-store digital transformation in retail – today announced the release of a new solution that puts the power of Mercaux into the hands of shoppers. Normally operated by Sales Associates using a tablet, or self-served by customers using touch screen kiosks installed in-store, this is the first time that Mercaux will be offered to shoppers to operate on their own mobile devices.
Shoppers accessing the B2C Web App will benefit from digital capabilities found in Mercaux’s Sales Assist & Omnichannel solutions, such as:
- Scanning a barcode for product availability check in-store, online and in other stores
- Access to rich descriptions, similar products, cross-selling suggestions and styling recommendations to complete a ‘look’
- Browsing endless aisle of products available in-store and online
- Being inspired by powerful selling content such as product benefits, social media content, special offers and inspiring videos
- Bookmarking favourite items for purchase at the end of their visit
The solution will result in higher conversion and fewer lost sales (due to quick access to all information and alternative products), bigger basket sizes and more engaged shoppers, leading to higher lifetime value (LTV).
Speaking of the release, Olga Kotsur, co-Founder and CEO, commented, “Anxieties felt by shoppers returning to stores will be felt for weeks and months to come, making for a very different shopping experience. Coupled with this are new health & safety measures and varying staffing levels as retailers recover from lockdown measures, so providing a personalised shopping experience to every customer becomes impossible for some retailers. For these reasons, we felt it important that customers can still enjoy in-store shopping by taking advantage of the huge benefits that come from accessing instant availability, product details and rich content themselves.”
Kotsur concluded, “From a retailer’s perspective, this new solution frees up the time of their staff, inspires customers to purchase bigger baskets (UPT) and reveals in-store customer preferences and behaviours using Mercaux’s advanced B2C Web App Analytics to help inform visual merchandising and HQ teams improve the shopping experience.”
More information on Mercaux’s B2C Web App can be found here: https://mercaux.com/solutions_b2c_web_app.html
The release of the B2C Web App is part of a suite of New Service Model Solutions that have been curated to support retailers serve customers with differing levels of comfort in returning to stores. The full list of solutions can be found here: https://mercaux.com/new_service_models.html